Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Patch 4.0.1 - First Impressions

Hey guys, well patch 4.0.1 has hit and the chaos has begun. After a couple of delays my server finally went live and was able to get stuck in. I fixed my gems up pretty quick smart and once every red socket was fille with Agility gems, I STILL had around 65% crit chance. So I made use of Reforging and reforged my 4 highest crit pieces into mastery (remember to train for mastery when you first log in). I then went out and tamed a whole heap of pets that I would be needing for raids. On a side note for all you gold-makers: The Epic-gem transmute cooldown was not removed, just reduced, meaning there was no supply spike but a HUGE demand spike. I was selling Delicate Cardinal Rubies from anywhere between 150g to 200g.

Back to huntering, and I decided to do my daily random, which was Gundrak. the damage seemed to be about 500 to 1000 less than what it used to be, but I may need to fix up my gems a little more (still had several crit gems in). Oh and also be sure to advise your tank to let you misdirect pull, otherwise Aimed shot is effectively useless. I'm going to have to do a lot more playing around before I'll get a definitive picture of ideal spec, gemming, enchanting and rotation. Also note that misdirect seems a little buggy. At one point it refused to work completely displaying the message "You can't do that yet". This was out of combat, with the tank targeted and misdirect off cooldown.

Anyways feel free to post your findings in Patch 4.0.1.

Keep on hunting

Serebihm

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled upon your site while researching the Misdirection bug. It's pretty annoying. I was able to restore MD functionality, though, by logging in and out.

    I hope this gets fixed, soon.

    ReplyDelete