Thursday, November 25, 2010

The End of the Northrend Journey

Me on the Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher


With only a couple of weeks to go until Cataclysm, I have finally reached all my goals I set out at the beginning of Wrath of the Lich King. Well, originally my goal was simply to see EVERY Boss introduced in Wrath, but that looked unlikely early on. The guild I was with at the time made a difficult time of progressing through Naxxramas and those driven to do better, had no choice, except to take over leadership of the guild and try to recruit like-minded folk, or simply leave and find alternative guilds with the same intentions as you. And so shortly after the release of Ulduar, I found myself in a new guild, making new friends and seeing new content.



It didn't take a long time for my goals to be upgraded to KILL every boss introduced in Wrath. My guild was highly successful in progressing through content, although it paid little attention to the 10man side of raids. This caused a group of players to form up and create a side-raid group, designed to tackle heroic modes of and achievement runs on non-raid days. As it happened the group consisted of what could easily be considered the best raiders in our guild: dedicated to the task at hand, extremely motivated to researching strategies, punctual and always prepared with every consumable that may be required. In other words we WANTED to achieve our goals,and we would do WHATEVER it takes.

This meant that at some point the group of us found the belief to tackle even harder content, and we added heroic achievements to our list of goals. Our first task would be Ulduar and the Rusted Protodrake. We found this task relatively easy, with only Firefighter on Mimiron and One Light in the Darkness on Yogg-Saron providing any serious challenge. Once we had our Drakes we set our eyes on Heroic ToC. again we found the going relatively easy and I was soon the proud owner of Rhok'shalla, the Shadow's Bane.

This group realised that, as long as they stuck together they could do anything in Wrath, and so the final challenge began - Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher. It took a while but after 2 months of dedicating our spare time to Heroic Icecrown and 10man achievements, even this goal was achieved. The fights were difficult at times, Sindragosa in particular proved a bigger hurdle than originally anticipated.

But in the end here we are. During this expansion I have come into possession of not only the Rusted Protodrake but also The Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher. I have attained the title of Twilight Vanquisher AND received the Black Drake. I am a champion of the Frozen Waste and owner of the Red Protodrake. I am owner of a Blue Dragonhawk, White Hawkstrider, Swift Razzashi Raptor, Mekgineer's Chopper, Traveller's Tundra Mammoth and a Sea Turtle.I am a Crusader, Ambassador, Explorer, and above all I am a Kingslayer and Starcaller. Certainly there are other achievements to go for, but for me this expansion could not be any more complete.

And now its time to look ahead to Cataclysm. Will my goals change in any way? Hell no. Kill every boss introduced, obtain raid- achievement mounts and gain as many titles along the way as I can. One other goal I will add to that list - I want to hit the gold-cap in this expansion. I managed to get to halfway in WotLK (130k gold, the Gold cap was just over 214k). 1 million gold will be much tougher to achieve. I can't wait to get started.

I hope your time in Northrend was as productive as mine, and if not well there is still time to rectify the situation. Either way I will see you in the new world.

Keep on hunting,

Serebihm

No comments:

Post a Comment